1. What's Supported
As of 12.1.2.+ version, the following Oracle GoldenGate packages support remote capture and delivery:
- Oracle GoldenGate for Oracle DB (capture/delivery)
- Oracle GoldenGate for MySQL (delivery)
- Oracle GoldenGate for DB2 LUW (capture/delivery)
- Oracle GoldenGate for Informix (capture/delivery)
- Oracle GoldenGate for Big Data (delivery)
- Oracle GoldenGate for Teradata (delivery)
- Oracle GoldenGate for iSeries (delivery)
- Oracle GoldenGate for SQL Server (delivery)
- Oracle GoldenGate for JMS (capture/delivery)
To run remote capture/delivery, different databases use different approaches.
- Oracle GoldenGate for Oracle DB
You can perform remote capture with the following two methods: (1) Integrated Capture with SQL*Net connection (2) Downstream capture in either real-time or archive log mode  For downstream data capture mode, you need to setup Oracle Data Guard to ship the redo log files to the downstream database continuously as "standby redo log". It's required the source database to be 10.2.0.4+ and the downstream database to be 18.104.22.168.0+.
- Oracle GoldenGate for DB2 LUW
With DB2 connect, user can setup the remote DB2 as if they are an local database instance. Oracle GoldenGate then can capture from the remote DB2 database via the local accessing point setup by the DB2 connect.
- Oracle GoldenGate for Informix
You can setup the ODBC connection to access the informix database on the remote server Oracle GoldenGate machine for access. The followings requirements need to be met: Endian order of both the systems should be same and the second is the bit width (32bit or 64bit) has to be same. For example from Linux to Linux, Windows to Windows, Solaris to Solaris but not across.
- Oracle GoldenGate for MySQL
For Oracle GoldenGate to delivery to MySQL database remotely, you just need to use the TARGETDB to specify the target database connection with the username and password. The MySQL user should have the remote access privileges.
- Configure GoldenGate Extract to read from remote logs
- Oracle GoldenGate Best Practices: Configuring Downstream Integrated Extract (Doc ID 1485620.1)