- Execute transactions in any databases
- Switchover to any other database in case of failure in certain database
The following are the steps during the high availablity:
- Start the extract at the DB 1
Please include EXCLUDEUSER <ggadmin> in the extract to avoid data looping later and setup the CDR rules.
- Create the new DB 2 and import data from source DB 1 to the DB 2.
This normally involved the import/export tools or the backup tools like Oracle RMAN.
- Start the replicat at the DB 2 with HANDLECOLLISIOINS.
The collisions only happens if there are transactions after extract is started and before exporitng data from the old DB (between step 1 and 2)
Note: After GoldenGate 12.1.2, you can also use the start replicat with afterCSN to atCSN to avoid handling collisions.
- Checke the lag and remove HANDLECOLLISIOINS after repliat catches up (no lag)
<--- Now, the new DB should be synced up with the old DB (Live Standby DB2)
- Setup the extract on the new DB 2 and replicat on the DB 1 to enable replication from the DB 2 to the DB 1. Please include EXCLUDEUSER <ggadmin> in the extract to avoid data looping and the CDR rules.
<--- Now, bi-directional replication is setup with CDR.
Both DB1 and DB2 can take application transactions.
<--- This is Two-Way HA Setup.
- Oracle MAA at Oracle.com