- No data loss between source and target
- Lag time between source and target has to be < xxx(second)
- Providing a reliable storage of Oracle GoldenGate files This include Oracle GoldenGate trail files, checkpoint files, bounded recovery files, and parameter files etc.
This is to ensure If there is any disk failure, you will not lose the trail files and configurations of Oracle GoldenGate processes. For Oracle DB replication, you can choose to use DBFS as the storage for Oracle GoldenGate files. For other DBs, you can choose to use a reliable disk storage.
- Keeping the trail file long enough in case any recovery is needed.
In general, you can keep 7 days of trail files.
- Protecting Oracle GoldenGate process with a cluster setup.
Use a clustering tool (i.e. Oracle Clusterware and Windows Cluster) to manage Oracle GoldenGate processes so that Oracle GoldenGate processes can be highly available.