PURGEOLDEXTRACTS ./dirdat/e*, USECHECKPOINTS, MINKEEPHOURS 2
This setup, the Oracle GoldenGate manager should purge when 2 days have been passed since the last update and no other processes needs the trail file (no current checkpoint  in it.) However, after 2 hours that the data is processed by the replicat the trial file is still not purged. What's wrong?
Answer: Please check with the following steps :
- Check the PURGEOLDEXTRACTS options are used correctly.
- Make sure that you restart the manager after the parameter change
- Make sure that the manager user has the authority to purge trail files
- Check if any process has checkpoint in the file. This can be done via the following query:
- If there is any obsolete replicat group, the delete the group with the DELETE REPLICAT command as follows:
DELETE REPLICAT <group>>