Data Replication Market
What is Data Replication?
Data replication is a process of copying a portion of a database from one environment to another and keeping the subsequent data in sync between the source and the target.
Who are the Players in the Data Replication Market?
Data replication now is used in both operational process and business intelligence. For the operational processes, data replication is mainly for backup/recovery, high availability and zero downtime migrations purposes. The key features are:
- Automatic Fail-Over
- Bi-Directional Replication with Conflict Detection and Resolution
- Heterogeneity: supports all types of data repository and the cloud repositories.
- Real-time: the small lag time and ability to handle large amount of data/transaction is key to the product success. For the source, the native change data capture is needed. For the target, using the native fast loaders and parallelism are important.
- Graphic Interface: for data mapping and transformations
- Oracle GoldenGate (GoldenGate)
- IBM InfoSphere Data Replication (Data Mirror)
- SAP Replication Server (Sybase Replication Server)
- Attunity: provides good user interface to simplify the data replication with three type of replications data warehouse and BI, bi-directional and disaster/recovery. The cost is relatively low.
- Informatica Data Replication (WisdomForce)
- Dell (Shareplex): mainly on the Oracle database replication support with JMS solution for heterogeneous support.
Hit Software DBMoto Replication
In the open source community, the following project are related:
In the operational process part, the following vendors also provide solutions with storage based replication:
EMC Recovery Managaer
- Philip Howard, The data replication market, 10 October, 2011
- (IBM) James Talks About Data Replication (Video)
- (Informatica) Data Replication demo (Video)
- (Attunity) Attunity 'Click-2-Load' for Microsoft PDW (Video)
- (SAP) How to Configure Heterogeneous Replication with Replication Server (Video)
- (EMC) EMC Total Application Protection with Replication Manager and RecoverPoint (Video)
- (Hit Software) HiT Software DBMoto Demo (Video)
- (Hit Software) DBMoto® - Real-time Data Replication and Change Data Capture (Marketing Video)
- Philip Howard, Data Replication for Real-time (Big) Data Warehousing, 8 November 2011 (PPT)
- (HVR) HVR Software - Enterprise Data Integration - Setup for Oracle to SQL Server replication (Video)
Last Updated: 7/10/2014.