1. What is Oracle GoldenGate Veridata?
Oracle GoldenGate Veridata is a heterogeneous data comparing utility. It can compare data, report the differences and repair the out-of-sync data. The product can also send an alert when the data are out-of-sync .
- Veridata Server: compares data, confirms out-of-sync data, repairs data and produces reports. It also coordinates the tasks. Within a Veridata server, there are:
- Veridata Repository: is a database, either a Oracle Database, a MySQL or MS SQL Server database, to store the metadata.
- Web Interface: allows users to interact with the server through the Web User Interface.
- Command Line Utility: is called the Vericom command-line client, which can be used to configure and run the tasks.
- Veridata Agent: interacts with the source or target databases to fetch and return blocks of data rows, the column-level detail, and execute updates for repairs. The agent is started at the request of the Veridata server. Oracle GoldenGate Veridata agent is a Java agent for most of the heterogeneous databases. A C-based agent is provided for the NonStop database and is controlled by the Oracle GoldenGate Veridata Manager for that platform.
2. What is Oracle GoldenGate Veridata's Current Support?
The current version of Oracle GoldenGate Veridata is 188.8.131.52.0 . The major features are:
- Selective, parallel comparison
- Support for Oracle and non-Oracle databases (DB2 LUW, DB2 z/OS, DB2 for i, Enscribe, Oracle DB, NonStop SQL/MP, MS SQL Server, SAP Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE), Teradata and IBM Informix)
- Supports very large volumes
- Flexible reporting for varying roles and access levels
- Repairing data after the comparison
- Allows for delta process where you can compare in a given time frame
- It can compare across heterogeneous system
- It does not lock the source and target databases when performing the comparison
- Does Oracle GoldenGate for Veridata support MySQL Database?
- How to Check the Data Consistency for Active-Active Replications
- Can Oracle GoldenGate Veridata handle data consistency checking if there are transformations in Oracle GoldenGate Replication?
No, Oracle GoldenGate can't handle transformations.
- Oracle Documentation, Oracle GoldenGate Veridata 184.108.40.206.0
- Oracle GoldenGate Veridata Homepage
- Oracle TWP, Ensuring Data Consistency with Oracle GoldenGate Veridata