Oracle GoldenGate for DB2 LUW 12.2 includes the following new features from the Oracle GoldenGate Core functionality updates :
- Automatic Heartbeat Table: Record end-to-end replication lag and view details with a database view. Valid for heterogeneous configurations as well.
- Metadata in Trails: No need to generate a definitions file or use SOURCEDEFS/ASSUMETARGETDEFS.
- Parameter Insight: Lookup parameter definitions from GGSCI with INFO PARAM, get the list of running parameters for a process with SEND … GETPARAMINFO, and pre-validate parameter files with the new checkprm utility.
- One Billion Trail File: Trail file sequence length has increased to nine digits; a 1000x increase and effectively one billion trail files.
- Column level character sets: Oracle GoldenGate now supports keeping character set encoding unchanged at the column level.
- Temporal Tables: Temporal columns/tables are new in DB2 LUW 10.1 (DB2 LUW 10.1 FixPack 2 and greater are supported) . The feature is called "time travel query" based on SQL:2011 standard. Oracle GoldenGate for DB2 LUW 12.2 by default support replicating all of the following temporal tables: Application-period temporal table, System period temporal table and Bitemporal table.
- Oracle GoldenGate 12.2 Release, Oracle Integration Blog.
- Installing and Configuring Oracle GoldenGate for DB2 LUW, Oracle GoldenGate 12.2 documentation.