- The trail file from the source is in UTF-8.
- The target database in Teradata is UTF-16.
To void the errors, you can take the following steps to setup CHARMAP to convert unsupported Unicode characters to supported Unicode characters by Teradata database:
1) If source and target are same character set like map UTF-16 to UTF-16, you have to enable strict character validation. Add following parameter to replicat parameter.
2) Create character mapping override definition file. Example bellow is source is Oracle AL32UTF8 column and target is UTF-16 and maps U+FFFD to U+0020 white space.
Here you can refer to the document listing unsupported Unicode characters in Teradata database and provide a mapping.
3) Specify above override definition file in replicat parameter. Example bellow above file is saved as ./dirprm/fffd.map
Please add the parameter before MAP parameter. Prefer before login parameter in case the conversion happens upon login for DB connection.
The CHARMAP supported by Oracle GoldenGate replicat for all supported databases including Oracle GoldenGate for DB2 LUW, Oracle GoldenGate for iSeries, Oracle GoldenGate for DB2 z/OS etc.